The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the website at URL: www.tremainemanor.com
• Tremaine Manor and Cottages does not disclose visitors’ information to third parties.
• Any information that you provide us with, whether it be business or personal information (such as your name or address), cannot be seen by third parties.
• This site may at times contain links to other, third party websites; Tremaine Manor and Cottages is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
This privacy statement is not presented as a legally binding contract.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
There are sections in our website where we may ask you to register in order to gain access to high value documents, or to be able to download various items, or to make contact with Tremaine Manor and Cottages. Any information you provide will remain the secured property of Tremaine Manor and Cottages. Under no circumstances will it be sold or rented to any third party. Tremaine Manor and Cottages may, however, use your contact information to send you any information you have specifically requested or any other information or news about our company and services. Your details may be used in an aggregated form for marketing analysis of our website traffic.
In addition to any personal information you may provide, Tremaine Manor and Cottages may, on occasion use software or other tools that enable the collection of relevant technical information, for example the IP address (Internet protocol) (IP), the operating system deployed on your computer, the browser used for access, various traffic patterns, as well as the address of any referring websites. Tremaine Manor and Cottages always traces how a visitor arrives at the Tremaine Manor and Cottages website, however we will not attempt to gather information from websites that you have visited prior to visiting the Tremaine Manor and Cottages website.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Tremaine Manor and Cottages may use your personal information for the following purposes:
• To enable you to use the site without repeatedly entering passwords or logins.
• To provide information or services that you have requested.
• To help us manage our content to ensure it is relevant and appropriate to you.
• To alert you to company news, product upgrades, other updated information and new products and services from Tremaine Manor and Cottages.
HYPERLINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Tremaine Manor and Cottages may provide links on our site that direct to external, third party websites. We have no control over the content other sites, nor the usage of information they gather. We recommend that you always review the privacy policies at any third party sites you visit; they may not follow the same policies as us.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor. This site gives users the following options to discontinue receiving future communications by any of the following means:
• Send an e-mail to our client services team indicating your request to be unsubscribed from a specific list.
• In writing to: Client Services, Tremaine Manor, Looe Cornwall PL13 2LT
The website uses a “session cookie” to identify your browser “session” as you move between pages on the website and perform activities.
• The website cookie allows our website to recognise each subsequent request from your browser as being the same browser that made the initial request to our website.
• By knowing that each subsequent request is related to the first, our website is able to track your actions as you move around the website and to provide interactive features. By analysing how our website is being used in general, we can improve the website experience for future visitors. Should you experience any problems in using our website, our website developers may be able to use this information to track down your specific “user journey” and investigate and fix any issues that might arise.
• The cookie itself is a very small text file that is stored on your device (for example, your PC or your phone) by your web browser. It contains a simple text code that your browser sends back to our website each time you browse to a new page. This allows the website to look up your specific session and associate data for that session with your browser. The data itself is not stored in your cookie but on the server(s) operating the website.
• Each page on our website is generated by a sophisticated Content Management System (CMS). This system provides a number of interactive features where your experience may be tailored according to your past activity on the website. Such features require the “session cookie” to operate.
• The session cookie provides the ability for you to log on to our website using your unique user name (or e-mail address) and password.
• Each page on our website may be tailored to you uniquely, based on your past activity on the website, for example to show your name.
• The session cookie provides the means to remember your log on state and hence your discussion forum preferences, such as your nickname and the date of your last post.
• The session cookie provides the means for you to take part in votes (or polls) on the website.
• The session cookie provides the means to remember that you have submitted a form so that you are not asked to re-submit it.
• The session cookie provides the means to remember which files you have requested to be sent to you by email and the date and time at which such requests were made.
• The session cookie provides the means to remember whether you have ‘like’d our Facebook page.
• As we improve our website over time, similar and more advanced features may be added that also require a “session cookie” to operate.
• Google Analytics collects information anonymously; it reports website trends without identifying individual visitors.
• The cookies store information such as the number of visits to the website and what site referred the visitor to the web page. We use the information to view reports about how visitors interact with the website and to help us improve the website. A different set of cookies is used for each website, and visitors are not tracked across multiple sites.
• Information about these cookies and how to reject or delete them: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html and http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-analytics.
• To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
HOW TO CONTROL AND DELETE COOKIES
• You may restrict or block the cookies which are set by the Tremaine Manor and Cottages website, or any other website, through your browser settings.
• To find out more about cookies and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the Tremaine Manor and Cottages website.
LOCAL SHARED OBJECTS (FLASH COOKIES)
The Intergage website uses Adobe Flash Player to provide video content. Local Shared Objects (commonly known as Flash Cookies) may be used to improve user experience, for example to save your playback preferences. Flash Cookies are similar to cookies, however they are managed differently.
HOW TO DISABLE FLASH COOKIES
Information on how to disable and delete Flash Cookies is provided on the Adobe website at http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security. Your experience of the Eastbury Hotel website may be affected if you restrict the use of Flash Cookies.
Data Protection Policy – Privacy & Security
This policy aims to set out how Tremaine Manor and Cottages aims to safely and securely use and retain personal data which has been provided.
Who are we:
In this policy whenever you see the words ‘We’ ‘Us’ or ‘Our’ it refers to Tremaine Manor and Cottages Reg Co. trading as Tremaine Manor and Cottages, offers a range of products and service within hospitality and leisure. Including but not limited to accommodation.
Our full legal entity is: Tremaine Manor and Cottages
Your Acceptance of this policy and our right to change it:
By using our website, social media pages, entering a competition or providing your information you consent to our collection and use of information you provide in the way(s) set out in our policy. If you do not agree to this policy please do not use our sites, social media pages or services. We may make changes to this policy from time to time, if we do so we will post the changes on this page and they will apply from the time we post them. The policy was last amended on 15th December 2021.
What is personal data:
Information that can be used to help us identify and individual, such as name, address, phone number or e-mail address.
It is important that you read and understand what information we hold, how we may use it and what your rights are. This policy applies to our website, our use of e-mails and postal communication for the use of marketing and any other information we use for collecting information. It covers what we collect and why, what we do with the information and what rights you have.
What information we collect and why:
We will only ever collect the information we need, this will help us contact you if needed in the future. Non-personal data may also be requested which may be used to help us improve our products and services. Personal information such as name, postal address, phone number, e-mail address and credit card information or bank details for payments will be collected in connection with specific reservations made at Tremaine Manor and Cottages or to make payments to you if you are an employee or supplier. We may also need to contact you or your business with queries and questions relating to our business needs.
You do not have to part with any of this information to browse our sites or facilities. However if you choose to withhold requested information we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services.
What do we do with the information:
We will use your information: –
• Contacting you following competition entries.
• For processing sales transactions or other payments and verifying financial transactions
• Identify visitors
• Communicate with you about products or services purchased
• Communicate with you about offers and promotions if you have actively agreed to it
• Keep a copy of any written contact we have with you.
• Provide an enhanced personalised service to you whilst enjoying our facilities
• Monitor our complimentary guest wi-fi network to detect fraud, or other abuses or illegal activities
Using your information for marketing:
Tremaine Manor and Cottages will be using an ‘opt-in’ only marketing and communication policy. We will only send marketing information to people who have agreed to us doing this we will only do this in ways previously agreed.
Sharing your information:
We will only share your information if: –
• We are legally required to do so by law enforcement agency or similar
• We believe it is necessary to protect or defend our rights, people or visitors
• We will never share or sell your data with any unnecessary third parties
• We will only ever share your data with those responsible for storing this on our behalf examples would be the data centre for our property management system and Tremaine Manor and Cottages.
Sharing your information:
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any necessary 3rd Party with whom we are required to share your data (as part of a systems agreement or similar) abide by the requirements of the data protection act, will only use the information for purposes for which it was supplied and not for any other reason. As part of our policy we will be requesting assurances from these companies that they have adequate measures in place to ensure data privacy and security.
We will do our best to ensure that the companies with whom we are obliged as part of our business practice to share data with are compliant with current legislation. Unfortunately, this sharing does take place across the internet which is not always completely secure and may be beyond our control, we cannot therefore guarantee that loss, alteration of data or misuse will not occur in data transfer.
Only a limited amount of personal data including names and contact details are stored locally on site with the computers used for accessing this being on a secure network and password protected only by authorised personnel.
What we do with your information:
Your information will be solely used for purposes that enable us to fulfil our contracted obligations with you, from time to time if you have ‘opted in’ we will send you relevant information on current offers and promotions.
We will never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
The data protection act gives you certain rights over your data and how we use it. These include: –
• The right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
• The right to prevent your data being used for direct marketing
• The right of access to a copy of the information we hold about you (subject access request)
If you wish to exercise any of your rights please contact the data protection lead in writing at Tremaine Manor
or by emailing [email protected] . It is our policy to charge the statutory maximum fee of £10 for subject access requests.
For further information about your rights under the data protection act please visit ico.org.uk.
PL13 2LT[email protected]